Easter Prep Stage 3 - Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone!
I hope you're having a great day and no matter where you are you've had your fair share of Easter eggs whether real or chocolate. :)

I was a bit late as usual so had a few last minute projects to complete last night... Lots of cool Easter projects though, let me show you:

 I started this at last week's Craft Meet. Everyone around me was knitting and I felt a bit like a 5-year old with my paint chips cutting out eggs, but there was a need for it. I found a great idea on Pinterest and just had to try it. So I rushed to the DIY store and got a pile of paint chips...

Taadaa, the Easter bunting! Isn't it the coolest! The original idea was found here (please link to the ORIGINAL POST when adding this to Pinterest if you want to pin this), and I just love it! The paint chips I used were a little different from what the original post shows, and I thought it would be nice to have some diagonal eggs as well. THAT was not such a good idea as it now looks a bit messy...
 
But all in all it still looks very cute, even with the diagonal eggs in the middle :) I love that there is a large purple section ;) I started and ended with yellow eggs as per the colour wheel that I actually had to Google to make sure I had the right order, hihi... 

 
Another really nice idea I found on Pinterest was this for a wreath. The original idea can be seen here and it looks so much better than mine! But then I didn't have 48 eggs and not a lot of time left, but I did have 3 colours of Easter grass so I just improvised. I stuck the grass onto the cardboard first and then covered it with the eggs. I tried to use this lovely ribbon to make a gorgeous bow and failed miserably. So it ended up having no bow. Still, it's not all bad and still very Eastery :)

 One thing that I am extremely proud of though are my Easter cookies! I made these during the Big Bake on Friday and they weren't ready when I blogged about the day's creations. Aren't they gorgeous? I used the same icing on the cupcakes as I did on the cookies (well, the icing was made for the cookies but there was so much leftover!) and I had a ton of toppings around as well. Plus I got the flower and the butterfly cookie cutter at the Craft Meet swap the other day, and the Easter cookie cutters at Poundland last year. And trust me, they are so yumm!!

This morning started off with my annual in house egg hunt. I always hide chocolate eggs in the house for the bf and hide clues with the eggs. I'm sure I told you this before, but the first time I did this the bf wasn't exactly excited about the egg hunt but now he eagerly awaits Easter morning when he knows I will show up with some sort of contraption (usually a plastic tub or something) to use as a basket. LOL. I got lots of nice chocolates as the Chocolate Festival so he was very eggcited about it ;)

The grand prize this year was the funniest egg ever. Not bought at the Chocolate Festival but when I saw this I knew it had to be the gand prize. It's an English Breakfast Egg! It has fried eggs for eyes, a tomato for its nose, bacon for its mouth, and baked beans for hair. Knowing the bf's love for a fry up in the morning, this was just perfect!

After the egg hunt it was time for a real breakfast (my gorgeous thread wrapped eggs, we were too lazy to actually make the fry up) and we watched Hop in true Easter style. So far so good, I haven't left the sofa yet. I need to enjoy this time off before going back to work! LOL.

I have two more posts that I simply must share with you before going back to the normal posts. I am usually not this Easter-obsessed but it's so much fun! 

Have a wonderful Easter break everyone!! *grabs a cookie* Oh yes, don't forget to enter the giveaway that is closing on tonight!

Comments

  1. Looks like you had fun making these...Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Easter crafts! I LOVE that English breakfast egg! So funny!!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Scissor Sock Tutorial

Fabulising February - Men's Shirt Dress

My Neighbor Totoro Project #2: Catbus